Conference registration and hotel block will open in August. More information will be available soon!
Please note the following about registration:
- Professional staff members must bring at least one student in order to attend.
- Students must be accompanied by at least one professional staff member.
- Each institutional group can register up to 6 students and 2 professional staff (this includes graduate assistants).
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a maximum capacity for this event and registration will close when we reach that capacity.
- Institutions can register even if the exact student attendees have not been chosen. Simply enter generic terms such as “Student One” and “Student Two” and actual attendees can be updated at a later time.
- Please choose the number of student attendees carefully, as refunds will not be made should you choose to bring fewer students and there may not be space to accommodate additional students should you decide to add them at a later date.
Our host hotel is the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill, located at 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, DC. The hotel is only 1,287 steps away from the U.S. Capitol and just a short walk from attractions including the Smithsonian Museums and world-famous monuments. The rate is $109 (single)/$134 (double)/$159 (triple)/$184 (quad) – plus taxes – which includes complimentary in-room internet.
Visit https://washington.org/dc-guide-to/getting-to-washington-dc for information about traveling to Washington, DC. Note that there are three major airports in the Washington, DC region so be sure to check prices at each of them: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (airport code: DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (airport code: IAD) and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (airport code: BWI). A great source for general DC info is https://washington.org/.
Full payment is expected at the time of registration. If unable to pay by credit card, all registrations must be paid in full by December 15, 2020. Registration fees are non-refundable.
A credit for all fees paid, less a $25 administrative fee, will be issued if requested in writing by December 1, 2020. The registration credit has no cash value, and is valid for the next CIVSA SDI Conference only. Cancellation requests must be submitted to civsaHQ@civsa.org and include the registrant’s name, email address, and amount paid. No credits will be issued after December 1st.
A registration may be transferred to another professional staff member or student from the same institution by writing to civsaHQ@civsa.org. If a registration transfer is requested after December 1, the change will not be reflected in the conference program book or conference app.